Wednesday, February 21, 2007

News Travels Fast - From the Comments Section -

Combat Jack said...
Matt, my peoples Bling, from Brooklyn are telling me you're not effin' with New Yorkers, hooking them up whatsoever wit' "Houston shit". Whaddup with the animosity? What part of the game is that homie? Especially since you're on some NY blog rolls? You been burnt by NY'kers? For real, whaddup?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Big thanks to Fiona Bloom for spreading my words via email. She ain't lying, it's true, my role as free Houston tour guide is over. Seriously, it's no animosity towards New Yorkers, I have great friends in New York, but Matt Sonzala doesn't have time for every fool who wants to come down here and do things in Houston. I have introduced nuff people to nuff things and have not benefitted in any way whatsoever. I read an interview today with a dude who I walked thru the whole city and put down with everybody from start to finish. When he was asked how he got to the point where he is today, he talked about how great he is and how everyone loves him. I'm like o.k. dude that's cool, but you didn't do that shit yourself. Nor did a lot of the journalists, etc, who have come to Houston and done their thing in the past couple years.

It's no animosity it's just reality. Every day I waste calling people in other peoples name and every day I waste driving people around my massive city is taking food out of my childrens mouths. Fuck all that for real.

What part of the game is that? Bro, I've given a lot, to this scene and to your scene so shut that shit right the fuck up. Don't question me. You have no right and don't know shit about me.

My peoples will always get my support. Jon Caramanica needs something he can call me at 3 in the morning its all good. Roxy? Anytime, anyplace I'm down that's my peoples. Cosmo, Ayres, Catchdubs, Hoody Allen, Lin Yee, Scavone, etc, man I got New York's back no problem. So don't go turning my shit around.

In the email I wrote to Fiona Bloom in response to her asking me to hook up some dudes who did a book called Bling with their Houston reality show or whatever they are doing I said "If they pay me a lot of money I'll do it but I ain't helping no New Yorkers with Houston shit anymore at all for any reason. You, yes, but no random folks fuck all that shit my door is closed."

O.K. I realize that was worded kind of harshly, but I mean it. I said in a nutshell that I don't need any new friends. I have plenty now thanks. I should have said no MORE New Yorkers, not no New Yorkers. But yeah, it's true, I have no time for anymore people coming down here, using my shit and then not paying me. It was cool for a minute, and it was needed for a couple years. These dudes didn't have publicists. Some of them couldn't even find New York on a map back in the day. Now they have contacts galore and can handle it themselves. Sort of. I ain't really worried about most of these dudes.

Then she asked me how much it would take to get me to help them and I said "Honestly the amount isn't an issue as long as they offer something. I know you feel me. You have helped countless people and it gets to the point where you just have to say no. Especially to New Yorkers cuz they have cold hearts."

A lot of y'all do. You know that. Your blood runs green cuz it has to. Mine is about to start. (That being said the good people of Sabbath in the Park have warm hearts and ain't trippin'. You got an issue with me on the east coast you take it up with them as they are my official representatives in that region. They will negotiate everything. Call Dirty South Joe. Don't make me call Sabbath Security.)

Then Fiona asked me if she could get me some loot would I help? And I said "Yeah I def could but it'd be work! I need loot."

I need loot, you need loot, what's the issue? That's not a blanket statement against New York. Except the cold heart part.

I'm still down for Houston, and for music in general, and for my peoples who know who they are, but no I am not down to be used anymore. It's not cool to me. I'm at a point where I have more work than I can handle already. My role as Non Profit Houston Publicist hath ceased.

I'm up on some NY Blog rolls? What the fuck is a blog roll? I truly don't even know what that is. You mean some people put my link on their blog??? Oooooooh. Thanks. I have a lot of links too. They're right up thurr have a click or two.

Also I fuckin' hate jewelry and couldn't give a fuck about it at all whatsoever. Sorry, I'm a hetero.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The music "industry" such as it were is like a vacuum:people just want want want and do so without shame or any real intention of looking out for you in return. Moral of the story: no one comes into the Toyota dealership and says "oh yo let me get one of those cars on the strength, because well you know, just because..", but people in the music game who you don't know from Adam feel completely free, and even ENTITLED, to gratis access to your resources. Bottom line, is that access is a commodity, just like a Toyota and tangible or not, if you want your piece of it, you should be ready to do something for my man Mattsoreal in return. Otherwise, stay the fuck at home or find your own way around Houston.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Pushermania said...

AND HOODY ALLEN SAID THAT! You want more I'll see you in COURT!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valuesoreal. Exchange some. Give some to get some. In the door today.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said by everyone. F'real: aint shit for free in this world-so, why should dude get played by gratitude-challenged fux who don't even have the integrity to acknowledge that they have beniffited from this man's knowledge? Dummies. All of 'em. And while I'm at it all the Houston cats who use dude's show as a platform and bounce without a clue when they get what they need should be mocked at every chance for they're lack of understanding about this being a business built on relationships built on mutual reciprocity a/k/a tit for tat.

Good on ya, Matt! Keep fighting the good fight and, also...what up with them passes for them sxsw private parties? I need em to be 1 plus seven.LMAOF

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn straight, Matt. You tell 'em.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

make that paper, if dudes cant give you any credit for opening up the city as well as you do, then they shouldnt get shown any love back..bottom line.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Austinsoreal?

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, Matt, you are my dog fo' real and I hope that I'll be able to make you money in any way possible for being down to help us. That said...

Fuck you stupid douchebags who call yourselves "New Yorkers". You fuckin day-glo orange hat printed sweatshirt ugly ass nike wearin' wanna be cool art director/ trust fund cocaine snortin fags...you were born and raised in the fuckin burbs of San Diego/springfield/shitville wisconsin/EUROPE!??!!

Real New Yorkers have values.

I respect hustle, but don't feel entitled to some free shit and hook-ups 'cuz you pay $2,500 a month for a 9th floor walk-up shoebox. Y'all came and drowned out any "scene" we had here for music and art. For real.

Real New Yorkers respect people and treat them like should be treated. If you reach out, we will reach out with both hands, you act like a douche, you get slapped and ignored.

The only free thing you get is respect, if you deserve it. And Matt, you deserve all the respect and money in the world for your generosity and love for your scene, your town.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth aint always so pretty, It needed to be said. Matt u did a great job in going back to explain ur stance so it doesnt get confused, u got bills to pay,too.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Pushermania said...

its all good, im really not trippin... i aint mad at anyone. i dont give a fuck. thanks for the love!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real recognize (houstonso)real...

do ya thang matt!...don't worry 'bout some fools...

keep up the good work!...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

matt its shaian..thats some real talk i KNOW how much u do man and how u not appreciated by not just new yorkers but people in general. i have had a FEW tiny things the same as you for things i do for people out here and whatever and i get the same thing back and feel pissed so i can only imagine how you fell!
keep doin what u doin man its allll good :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Pushermania said...

I didnt really say I wasnt appreciated I just said i need money to get me out of my chair here.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home