Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On the Subject of Lists

If the Top T-Shirts of 2007 wasn't good enough for you here's a lil something I contributed to Stress.no

Matt Sonzala (HoustonSoReal/The Pushermania Agency)

1. Money Waters - Swallhaggin
Dallas-representant som slapp et av årets mest soul-fylte, virkelighetsbaserte rapskive.

2. K-Rino - Time Traveller
En av de dypeste lyrikerne i Houston. K-Rino viser at han fortsatt er i toppen etter en tyve års lang karriere.

3. Coughee Brothaz - Limited Edition
Den første ordentlige musikken fra Odd Squad på over ti år, med Devin The Dude og hele hans crew.

4. Rapid Ric & Magno - City Boyz
Texas' super-DJ teamer opp med en av de mest lekne lyrikerne, og skaper et klassisk undergrunnsalbum fullt av originale flows og noen av Texas' mest undervurderte artister, KB Da Kidnappa, Bavu Blakes, Black Mike og Gerald G, som gjester.

5. Trae - Restless
En mann i en sjø av gutter. Rett og slett det hardeste albumet som ble utgitt i 2006. Rapverdenen kunne lære et par verdifulle leksjoner fra denne platen.

Know'm sayin'?

Check this link right here to see more lists from Norway and beyond.

I think Norway is the Texas of Europe. I used to think it was Italy, but Norwegians are so much more laid back, good natured and hospitable. I mean, Italians are hospitable but they ain't laid back.

(Am I the only caucasian music writer in America who didn't have the Clipse album in his Best of 2007 list? I got love for them and they are good, but I REALLY do not see all this best of the year hype. I heard it, I like it, I ain't trippin'.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home