Friday, June 17, 2005

CHOPS and Brotha K Live on Damage Control DL the Show Here

Well it really went down this past week at Damage Control. The man CHOPS made his way down from Philly with my potna Mike Baxter for a lil appearance on the show and to work with some cats out here. CHOPS has been putting it down for a long time, and if you listen to the first part of the show you can hear some of his more recent work. Including a fantastic remix of UGK's "One Day."



I got a letter from one of our faithful listeners in the penitentiary, Lefty, who says we should not complain about losing our hour because our listeners are not supportive enough and the station did what they had to do and we should commend our fearless leaders and blah blah blah (I"m serious). I understand dude if he's saying "man I don't want to hear y'all wasting time complaining," but he actually said we should support the managements decision... Should we support Bush's decisions? Should we support the decision to cut funding for public broadcasting too? I don't think so man. Just cuz someone has a lil position of power does not make them right.

Whether cutting the show to 2 hours was right or wrong, doesn't matter. What matters is it is impossible to accomodate everyone that comes down to the station every week in just two hours. This week, Ms. Amy quit the show, she walked out because she was disgusted by the fact that Chill and I can't get every fucking fool with a CD in the hallway on the air. I'm sorry but it's impossible and she basically freaked out on us and left saying we were making her look stupid. But yo, time moves, and when 1:30 hits the show is practically over and me and Chill have been sitting there every week for the past five looking at people who could not get on and packing up CD's and records that could not be played.



It's a joke. We've been building this for three years, the station knows what we do for them outside of fund raising and they know what we do for the community. We offer a place where many voices can be heard at once. Voices that have nowhere else to go. There is not one person in this city in radio who opens the doors like we do. There is not one person in this city that is as open to new artists from our community as we are. There is not one person in this city forging the connections that we are forging between artists, their fans in Houston and the world. Those are facts.

So, since things have calmed down a bit here at SoReal Central, Chill and I have scheduled a meeting with the Program Director and Station Manager next week to address our concerns. We also have to address the new Program Council (which I ran for but was not elected to, Thank God) with our concerns and see what they have to say about things. Committees at KPFT are generally straight up chaos, and meeting with them can be long, drawn out and worthless, but whatever. We'll do it for the community and for the show and for you and for us and we'll see what happens.

I'ma have an internet radio jump off starting this summer though, in my garage. Working on investors and programmers now, so get ready for the really real. I can't have no bossman. Enjoy your weekend.

Download the show HERE and enjoy CHOPS and DJ Brotha K.



Oh yeah my man Brotha K came down from Austin to spin a lil set. Now this dude has been putting it down for years. I beenjamming his mixes on the radio in Austin since like 1995 or some shit. He's a hustler and has been a major supporter of the Austin scene and is like, a savior out there for real. Word has it Chicken George is now doing commercial radio in Austin. Wouldn't it be nice if his station had a forward thinking PD who would let him, Rapid Ric, Brotha K and Baby G do their thing? Yeah it would be, but no they're slaves. Like everyone. When do we spark the revolution again?

And that Scarface live band thing in Lake Charles is actually tonight, don't think I can make it. Shit. Money just flying out the window here....

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"one day" is so beautiful man. was that Ron Isley hook sampled or did he lay it down specifically for this track?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Pushermania said...

i dont think he samples at all i think its all played...

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Radio is a tough scene. Sending Boston love and support through this internet thing. Can't wait to hear about the garage venture. Self-supported hiphop has to be the future!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Nike shox clearance said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.Any way Ill be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous so dep said...

I've been attempting to Achieve access to this website for a while. I used to be using IE then after I tried Firefox, it worked simply advantageous? Just needed to carry this to your attention. This is really good blog. I've a bunch myself. I actually admire your design. I do know this is off subject but,did you make this design yourself,or purchase from someplace? Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good source like this.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous bp claims said...

Great write-up, I am an enormous believer in commenting on blogs to help the weblog writers know that they?ve added something worthwhile to the world extensive web! (source roblox-cheats.com). Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

2:27 AM  
Anonymous gulf coast claims facility said...

Can I make a suggestion? I feel youve bought something good here. But what should you added a couple links to a web page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to take a look at, one thing that may connect what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous bp claims process said...

Can I bp claims process make a suggestion? I bp claims process feel youve acquired one thing good here. However bp claims process what if you happen to added a pair links to a web page that backs up what youre saying? Or perhaps bp claims process you possibly can give us something to take a look at, bp claims process something that would join what youre saying to one thing tangible? Only a suggestion. bp claims process Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In addition, you will bghviyr make a massive evaluation together with some other Oakley Sunglasses Cheap coming from some other spectacles Half X Oakley online retailer. You may edge Oakley Sunglasses Discount a whole lot coming from spectacles online retailer. In Sale Oakley Sunglasses, the particular shape just isn't the Oakley Jawbone key portion. each of which provides individual rewards or perhaps attributes. And also Oakley Stpl Jawbone fruit associates can easily specifically improve distinction inside overcast, hazy and also Half X low-light ailments. Once you've received the particular prescribed, it is possible to head to look for for almost any best Oakley Sunglasses Outlet.

2:06 AM  
Anonymous sim dep said...

Hey cool blog, just questioning what anti-spam software you use for feedback because i get lots on my blog.trung tam sim so dep Anyway, in my language, there should not much good supply like this.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous sim số đẹp said...

Hello, I saw a three of your attention-grabbing posted posts and needed to ask in the event you would be interested in reciprocal pages? Crew have weblog about alexis texas ass! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Sim 10 so said...

Howdy, i learn your weblog occasionally and that i own an analogous one and i used to be simply wondering for those who get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you may advise? I get a lot recently it is driving me mad so any help could be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good source like this.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Sim viettel 10 so said...

I was more than happy to seek out this site.I wanted to thank you for this nice read!! I definitely having fun with each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Sim viettel said...

Your weblog is fine. I just wish to comment on the design. Its too loud. Its doing way an excessive amount of and it takes away from what you received to say --which I feel is basically important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could maintain everyone attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Sim viettel said...

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read

5:43 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, oakley pas cher, timberland, air force, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, sac longchamp, hermes, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike free, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, true religion outlet, kate spade handbags, sac guess, vanessa bruno, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, louboutin pas cher, ray ban uk, tn pas cher, chanel handbags, north face, coach outlet, hollister, air max, true religion jeans, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, kate spade outlet, nike air max, michael kors, hogan, burberry

6:48 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

converse, links of london, louis vuitton, oakley, swarovski, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, michael kors outlet, gucci, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, ray ban, iphone 6 cases, vans, ugg pas cher, ugg boots uk, converse outlet, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, sac louis vuitton pas cher, hollister, wedding dresses, hollister, coach outlet, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, louis vuitton, nike air max, thomas sabo, lancel, karen millen, michael kors outlet online, michael kors handbags, doke gabbana outlet, timberland boots, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, replica watches, bottes ugg, louboutin, supra shoes, ralph lauren

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lebron james shoes
pg 1
kd shoes
kyrie 4
michael kors outlet
yeezy shoes
adidas stan smith women
nike air max
air jordans
yeezy shoes

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home