Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bun B's 2 Trill Coming Soon to well basically save YOU

Alright, I'm being over ambitious once again with the titeling. One reader even recently called me "Hip Hop's Ignorance At It's Finest" (T-Shirts coming soon and all over print hoodies too!) I don't know. I do know that I ride for my people, and I also know that I have listened to this music and have been immersed in this culture for over twenty years and I listen to pretty much everything that comes out. Everything from everywhere, serious, real talk, I'm comin' real, never fake, just sayin', word up, to the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal, o.k. lemme quit. I've had too much pumpkin juice.

Anyway yesterday afternoon I had the distinct honor of being able to join Bun B and Cory Mo for a lil private listening session to the tracks Bun has already knocked out for his next solo album, 2 Trill.



I know, I know, I know, I know, I already know already that you already know already that I am a huge Bun B fan. I admire the dude as a writer, an all around artist and a person and well yes he's one of my favorite MC's in the game, and well he's hands dow THE best MC in the game, no question no comparison on any level ever whatsoever, go ask yo mama.



Those are just facts, if you happen to have an affinity towards someone else, go ahead and have that. I'm just sayin'.

Maybe I'm just geeked to have been one of the first people to heard all this stuff yet. Call me a hip hop nerd, but I am excited. Dude has taken them to the next level. Anyway, I don't have any mp3s for you, but I did take some notes and will tell you what I heard so far.

Dude is killing it. I'll say straight up that I of course loved Trill, but personally there was a little something missing from it. Listen to it close and you'll hear all sorts fo messages and meanings and such, cuz Bun doesn't just drop a bunch of pap and hope to sell. But see, I talk to Bun sometimes. We talk about politics, we talk about the environment, we talk about the war on art that America hath waged, we talk about a lot of shit and dude is extremely informed.

So when Trill came out, honestly I was hoping to hear a song in which Bush was beaten like a pinata on a birfday, the Iraq war was reduced to a blip in our history books, and one where Bun teaches the kids in the hood why styrofoam cups are contributing to global warming. But alas and alak, I didn't hear it.

On 2 Trill, the President of the South is at his lectern, telling fools things they need to know. He's still Bun B, the underground king of the gutta, yes, but on 2 Trill he's bringing more knowledge than any rapper you can name right now. And that's a good thing for me and yooooooooooooooooooooooooooua.


Anyway, the listening session went down at Cory Mo's spot. I tried to get Cory to smoke a spliff mixed with a lil tobacco like how we did in Canada, but he wasn't havin' it on this side of the border.


He don't have to on this side of the borda.

Anyway here's the breakdown of what I heard:

"City of Syrup" - Produced by Cory Mo and featuring Mike Jones and Slim Thug.
Apparently Cory pitched this song to Mike a couple years back and Mike was with it but in the end it didn't make the album. Bun was going through some old stuff with Cory and heard this beat and immediately reacted. He got Mike and Slim to come in and round off the track and honestly, the beat is fire and it's a great Houston anthem, on par with Still Tippin', but it's really only the tip on the iceberg.

"Gangsta" - Produced by JR Roten and featuring Sean Kingston.
O.K. This was song number two for me to hear, and while both are jammin' in a basic song kind of way, I was a lil nervous. The song is real, if you really listen to it. Bun breaks down a lot of realities, but it; sjust radio ready enough to possibly be a big one. Not my favorite by any means, but it's good.

"Get Yo Issue" - Produced by Big Time
My favorite by all means. Big Time is one of the most slept on producers in the game. I don't know what happened between him and Swisha House, but he's the dude that helped form their whole sound back in the hey day. When he left them he kind of slowed down a bit - by todays standards anyway - but time and time again he keeps coming with that real fire. On this one, Bun takes crooked cops, preachers and politicians to task over a raucous, maniac, out of control beat that goes every which way but loose. He starts off each verse with a line like "Hey (Mr. Policeman) I hear you're trying to save some people today." Then proceeds to break down said policemans, politicians and preachers on points that nobody could ever argue with him. Like,he comes realer than I have heard anyone come in a while on this one, and the beat just SLAMS!

"My Block" - Produced by Jazze Pha
This is some classic hood shit from a classic combo.

"2 Trill" - Clinton Sparks camp?
The title track is a soulful, yet sinister jam that I will assume is gonna be a big single at some point.

"If It Was Up To Me" - Produced by Blackout, Junior Reid on the hook
WOW! "Get Yo Issue" is one of the greatest songs of all time, and this one right here is the most meaningful and poignant track on the disc. Dude goes ALL OUT on this one blasting all the ills of the world. He tackles politics, the environment, the lack of education in this country, man, he goes all out. He says some shit like we need to go to the "Doors of City Hall and Kick Them Hoe's Down," and even says some shit like "Since no one else is gonna do it, it's gotta be me, mayne." Which is true, hardly anybody else with a voice to the people is gonna say shit. Dude even talks about how so many places are ripping down projects and replacing them with condos and goes real deep into that whole situation. It's real mayne, a real look at America 2007.

"My Paper" - Produced by Big Time
This is pretty much the hardest song I've heard in ten years. Really.

"Damn I'm Cold" - Produced by CHOPS and featuring Lil Wayne
Gotta say I got real excited when I heard that my dude CHOPS was gonna be on this album. Seriously, I beenknowing him and his manager for some time now, and like 4 years ago he started really pursuing working with some of the folsk down here. Through sheer persistance, he's made it onto two of the hottest rap albums this year, and I'm pretty sure both songs are gonna be singles. If Cham doesn't make "We Breakin' Up" a single, he's nuts, and honestly I can't see Bun NOT making this a single. He and Lil Wayne both kill their verses and then trade off line for line in the third. Mayne, this shit is real mayne, I'm trying to tell you. What I've always liked about CHOPS is that he doesn't sample, he plays everything and makes his songs really melodic and musical, this one is no different, and it knocks.

"22 or Better" - Produced By Enigma
Another one of them straight up classic anthems.

"Unititled" - Produced by Mr. Lee
We've heard a lot of Mr. Lee production in the past couple years, but none on the level of this one. The shit is over the top. You'll hear it.

Anyway, I just feel crazy good to have been able to hear some of this shit in advance. It'll be out in early 2008 on Rap-A-Lot and it's gonnan change das game.

Listen to me now, believe me later on. In the future.


Also, Bun said this is what hath been fueling his fire. Ya don't kneaux beautx that Frenchy's, you better ask somebody from this town right here.

Anyway, that's that, wish I was as eloquent as Bun is coming on this record, but I'm not. I'm also a lil tired from a wild Halloweekend with these buddies right here. It's been a while since you've seen the girls, so here they go....


And Eva wanted you to see the skull on her face.

24 Comments:

Blogger Ol jesus said...

man fuck the haters tell em stop hatin get money i love your blog but everytime i stop by to drop a comment some "anonymous " person is hattin love the title bun is the truth never even knew who Trae really was until i stopped by here copped the album( the 1st real album i've bought in a looooooooooooooooooooong time) the other day off your co sign and i love it keep it up man

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that emotion on Bun...This is why your so loved!! Thanks again for the heads up. =)

BeZe

6:58 AM  
Blogger skreel said...

i can't believe that a jazzy pha commerial ass track should be some "hood shit", jazzy pha was classic with the suave house but nowadays he's the wackest of the wack!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn right aalbert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck that fat phony!!!!!!!!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Pushermania said...

Im not a Jazz Pha hater, but um honestly I Was surprised when Bun told me it was him who did that song in particular. Its pretty live man, real talk.

9:29 AM  
Blogger BAVU said...

ya'll must not know who jazzy pha's daddy is...

9:58 AM  
Blogger crys said...

i'm so glad i found this site! SO GLAD!
keep it coming! darling girls :-)

1:29 PM  
Blogger skreel said...

@matt, can't wait to listen to the new bun- i'm also one of the biggest fans. but i think trill was not good, to commercial to me.

the ugk album was heat! even with the 2 wack pha tracks...those where even badder than slim thugs neptunes tracks. lol!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn.

Can you put in a word for ya boy, because it would be a dream to work with Bun.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for 2 Trill. Bun B's flows are the deepest and most thought provoking flows in the Lone Star state, or any state for that matter. When Bun B talks, people listen. There's a reason why he can sell out a venue like the MFA when he is just talking about a movie rather than rapping, that says something about his talents Thanks for the heads up, I will keep my eyes open for this one.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never even heard of CHOPS until i read about him on here and you made me a fan of his and Bun B is my favorite MC behind Scarface so one love on the news on his new album homie

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Cant wait to hear this. You got me psyched now.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*OH, and I need one o' dem T-chirts like mr Cory Mo is wearin' in dem pics.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hear this album.

About Jazzy, he did Sho Nuff, one of the best songs of all time = a life time of respect earned.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love Bun, best in the business.
UGK, best rappers in the south, north, east & west.
Can't wait for 2 Trill. Thanx for the heads up.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your girls are 2trill!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, I'm being over ambitious once again with the titeling. One reader even recently called me "Hip Hop's Ignorance At It's Finest" (T-Shirts coming

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

小吃餐車加盟連鎖「一條龍的創業模式」複製成功開店經驗
更新日期:2009/08/25 17:19

(中央社訊息服務20090825 16:19:17)大環境不景氣,工作難找,有不少人就想乾脆自己創業當老闆。為強化國內創業能量,五路財神開店總部於8月20日-9月20日舉辦「2009夢幻小餐車創業成果展」歡迎蒞臨參觀。針對國內一窩蜂創業加盟潮,餐車達人陳滌五總監提醒創業者,加盟不失為一條創業捷徑,但若選擇加盟,品牌知名度、產品獨特性及是否擁有差異化優勢就顯得格外重要。
近年來以成本低的小吃餐車最受創業者青睞。沒經驗的失業族 大部份都選擇餐車擺攤,最多人都想在創業市場闖出一片天。在台中成立的五路財神開店總部,小吃餐車用品牌方式來營運,總經理陳滌五用自己的經驗來現身說法。以國人創業首選的小吃餐車來說,如何在同質性高的市場中殺出重圍?雖然是路邊攤小餐車,營運上的重要撇步是關鍵;在企業經營戰略中,唯有領先核心競爭,保持差異化優勢才是生存之道。
陳總分享成功關鍵,「五路財神餐車與其他路邊攤最大的差異化,在於餐車外觀亮眼與眾不同的加分效果,及秉持結合好的小吃產品用品牌方式來經營的理念」。總部成立初期因觀察到傳統路邊攤想要爭得一席之地,大多考量商品創新的迷思,卻忽略創業者經營能否持久性的問題。所以五路財神餐車將傳統小吃商品,用創新工法為策略,顛覆傳統路邊攤的概念,長期下來在台灣建立起最多元品牌的餐車王國。
很多創業者最憂心沒經驗,業界首創從餐車打造、生財器具、原物料配方、技術教學、促銷廣告、開幕指導,「一條龍的創業輔導」模式,使得五路財神餐車品牌特色更為彰顯。陳總說,不景氣下小吃餐車經營是加倍艱辛,建議創業者不但要瞭解小吃經營的核心價值,凸顯產品獨特性及差異化之外還要定期和你商圈的客人互動,「好餐車、好商品、好客人」,三個好,如此才有可能成為「不敗的小吃攤」。
|加盟創業|滷味加盟|加盟|餐車|安親班|廚具||開店|新民管樂

8:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You got a really useful blog and I really your style of writing. Keep it up

Asus - 17.3" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

Asus - N56-Series 15.6" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

4:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post! Can’t wait for the next one. Keep stuff like this coming.

HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Silver

HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Sparkling Black

1:27 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, burberry, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, burberry outlet online, louboutin outlet

7:44 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, oakley pas cher, timberland, air force, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, sac longchamp, hermes, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike free, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, true religion outlet, kate spade handbags, sac guess, vanessa bruno, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, louboutin pas cher, ray ban uk, tn pas cher, chanel handbags, north face, coach outlet, hollister, air max, true religion jeans, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, kate spade outlet, nike air max, michael kors, hogan, burberry

7:49 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

converse, links of london, louis vuitton, oakley, swarovski, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, michael kors outlet, gucci, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, ray ban, iphone 6 cases, vans, ugg pas cher, ugg boots uk, converse outlet, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, sac louis vuitton pas cher, hollister, wedding dresses, hollister, coach outlet, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, louis vuitton, nike air max, thomas sabo, lancel, karen millen, michael kors outlet online, michael kors handbags, doke gabbana outlet, timberland boots, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, replica watches, bottes ugg, louboutin, supra shoes, ralph lauren

7:55 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

air max 270
jordan retro
nike cortez
calvin klein underwear
moncler
yeezy supply
yeezy boost
air yeezy
golden goose
louboutin shoes

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home