Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Devin the Dude Mixing New Album
Skateboard Art in Houston

Well it's official, I went by Studio 7303 today and sure enough there were Devin the Dude, Mike Dean, Rob Quest and Domo mixing the tracks on the new Devin album.


Rob Quest, Devin the Dude, Mike Dean, DJ Domo

I don't have a whole lot of details on it, yet, matter of fact it's still untitled, but what I have heard so far is straight fire. It's quite family heavy with a good amount of beats done in house by the Coughee Brothaz and in my opinion what I have heard so far is Devin's best work yet. Look for it in February on Rap-A-Lot Records. Question though, is Asylum gonna do anything for it or are they just gonna let it drift away like a cloud of smoke. The way I see it, Asylum has done nothing for Trae or Z-Ro at all, soooooo, what's gonna happen with Devin? Are you New York fuckers gonna step up to the plate or are you only interested in "movements."

Devin the Dude is somuch more than what you may perceive as a "movement." We shall just wait and see. It's time for Devin to blow though. Fuck a movement, this is Devin the Dude.

Don't take that lightly.


Know'm sayin'? Peep Mike Dean's new haircut. He's like the throwdest studio dude in the rap game. Speaking of Game, he's got a few songs on that album that he mixed as well.




The evolution of a chronic sack.


Smoke break


Rob Quest's album is no joke either. Look for that in early 2007.


For real.








Coughee Brothaz never slackin'









And yo the other night, Aerosol Warfare presented a night of skateboard art. I'm not totally sure what it was all about cuz Witnes invited me like a few hours beforehand. But I'm glad I went. Shit was thowed.


Witnes, Caps One


Caps One and Dayta


Dizrokwel doing big things. Seen here in front of the most delux porta john I have ever seen.


I had to get a photo of it and these girls were more than happy to help enhance said photo. Sote the rack for hanging your jacket, plastic flowers, TWO rolls of toilet paper, a sink, 3 mirrors AND the most important feature that ALL Other porta johns lack, a flat surface to set your drink.


Said flowers.


Hat's off to you First Class Rentals.

And here's just a few examples of some of the work on display. My camera battery died so soem of these photos are extra sketchy. Like I'd turn the camera off for a minute and then turn it on and shoot real fast with whatever power I could muster, anyway, enough excuses here's some shitty pictures of some great art.















I don't know who did what but I wish I did.










The legendary Gonzilla on the tables.


My homey Melissa from New Mexico and posse swang thru. They are working on bringing Slick Rick to Texas for a series of shows, which I am all in favor of.




And these people were like interviewing each other all night and the woman didn't wear any shoes. Silly art peoples.

Until next time... I'm off to see Shawn McMillen at Rudyards and his guitar.

8 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

Man, I think I got a contact high just from scrolling down.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Corleone said...

no shoes no entrance, them feets exposed blew my high. all chipped and not sexy.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to The Resource/Devin collabo...c'mon mayne, make it happensoreal

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the show was to benefit the skatepark that is to be built downtown (forgot the name)..right?

7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey i was wondering what kinda paint you use. I work on surfboards some skater asked me to brush his board

6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors handbags
adidas outlet online
michael kors
air jordan shoes
nike roshe one
adidas superstar shoes
michael kors outlet
links of london
lacoste online shop
tory burch shoes
20170725

5:04 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg outlet
prada outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
ralph lauren outlet
christian louboutin shoes
jets jersey
ray ban sunglasses
converse trainers
ray ban sunglasses
ugg boots
2017.7.29

11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp handbags
nike air max 90
tory burch shoes
converse shoes
tom ford glasses
yeezy sneakers
kevin durant shoes
adidas stan smith
led shoes
adidas online shop

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home