Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Mtv Visits Houston - Direct Effect

Well yeah, the rumors are true. Sway and Mtv were in town this week profiling Houston for Direct Effect. I caught up with them boys out at Screwed Up Records and Tapes, where Big Bub had a good protion of the SUC assembled. Thank God for that cuz all these cats need to be seen on Mtv if they are doing a story on H-Town. It's no secret that most of these folks getting on right now are getting on kicking lyrics extremely similar to the lyrics spit on Screw tapes that are like pushing ten years old. I mean that's not to diss anyone, it's real deal, it's facts. Anyway I am just thankful to my man Jazzbo at Mtv for thinking of us and coming down. Houston needs this attention, hopefully when you see the show sometime next month, it will be oh so real. Here's some photos from yesterdays session at the shop.


Host, Sway, peeping the list of available (ahem, mostly) Screw tapes and CD's


C-Note playing for the Shamrocks now... ;)


DJ Chill and the even more famous DJ Chillmobile


What ESG got in that cup at 11 a.m.?


ESG and my man Joseph Patel, aka Jazzbo


C-Note, DJ Chill and Hawk reppin' that Ozone


Los and Grace chillin'


The man Mike-D is out on the streets!


Poppa Screw (Screw's dad of course) and Manny B


The scene outside as they interviewed Hawk and Big Bub, That's Shaheem Reid of Mtv.com to the right of the door peeping it out. There will be an online story as well.


Wish he could have been here...


I know y'all feel this one...


Sway in the mix


Sway, Hawk, ESG choppin' it up


Who's a Southwest Vulture and who is J-Doe about to do an album with? Not sure if he wants me to tell you yet so hold up. He straight whispered it to me and I was like, OKAAAAAYYYYYY....


The Chemist


Yungstar made it out...

But this is who REALLY need to be on Mtv...

DJ EVA - So I can get rich... what you got in yo' cup Eva???

So yeah man, thanks a million to Mtv for coming out hope they have a safe trip back and do us right.

Tonight you have to tune into Damage Control (my radio show). www.kpft.org on the internet, 90.1 FM in Houston, 89.5 in Galveston. It's really going down tonight as DIZZEE RASCAL from London, England will be in the house with DJ Wonder. Wonder is gonna spin a grime set, and yo, Dizzee and Grit Boys finna work on some shit all day today then come down to Damage Control and will be joined by Bun B and a host of hOuston rappers. Dizzee is down to kick some freestyles with these boys. It's gonna be a monumental occasion. Feel that. Tune in tonight, midnight central thru 3 a.m. It's late but it's worth it. If the computer doesn't fuck up I will be posting the show in the morning. PEACE and leave me a comment...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Already, Matt... Good lookin' out on the pics!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daaaamn Matt y'all are killin' it down there. Bigs to Fader for throwing me at your blog, nice to see y'all are getting some MTV love as well as love from the grime cats in the UK. Should be ill to hear some Houston+Dizzee. Good looks. RW@FWX

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dj eva is mad cute! hyped about seeing DR in atx...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Pushermania said...

Yo Wax izzat you??? I chat with Fader all the time. And he showed me some of your work. Dope gear. Hit me with a box or some shit if you want me to lace some of these rappers out here. It worked for Algierz. PEACE matt

1:32 PM  
Blogger DJ Stef said...

Nice, Matt! Good to see MTV giving credit where credit is due. I miss Jazzbo AND Houston. Spanish Flowers... yum. You know Serg and I will be listening tonight. Maybe we'll pick up some Shiners for the occasion.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could someone please tell me the name of the artist and song that is playing at 2 hours into the Bizzy Bone show. I need that shit ASAP it's dope as fuck.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see love in TEXAS fo sho now whatz up fo da MEMPHIS TN

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home