Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pharoahe Monch Kilt Houston

Yeah so I suppose I'll put the Houston stuff on HoustonSoReal and the Austin stuff on AustinSurreal, and I'll decide how to distribute the outta town stuff properly, democraticaly, meaning - equally, properly, the way they should be distributed, cuz this is America. I don't know.

Not sure when I'll be outside America again, but I did get outside of Austin this week, back to Houston, to check on the house and to check out Pharoahe Monch, live in concert with Orgonne and DJ 11. Presented for free by Scion. Lordy they've given us some nights.

I rode into town Wednesday night, crossing 1960 round about 10:30 p.m. and I realized what it is that I miss about Houston most. I miss being able to drive 80 miles per hour in a 60, with virtual immunity. I mean, shit, Houston is a freakin' speedway. It's NASCAR in comparison to Austin. I love Austin, don't get me wrong, but coming from Houston and trying to drive properly in Austin could put a man such as myself right over the edge.

In this Traffic Police State, you can't blame the people for taking it easy and slowing their roll (except when passing the death trap that is the on ramps of inner city I-35. They like to fly past those like Ice Bats Outta Hell), but I'll be damned if I wasn't tickled fuckin' pink, as I spied the first "GOD IS WATCHING YOU HEATHEN BASTARDS" billboard just inside the city limits (there's a lot of these in Houston), and then I look down at my speedometer and realize that man, I was going 80. People were whizzing past me. It was raining. I was in Houston.

Here in Austin, you can't go 80. People go 60 in 65's , they come to an almost complete stop before turning into a parking lot off a feeder road, and they sit at greenlights as if that light is gonna do something besides turn right the fuck back to red.

But you can't blame them. 5-0 is everywhere in this town. It's a pretty mellow place so I guess they have a lot of extra time to pull people over. I don't know man, I drive like a Grandpa here too, cuz everywhere I go I see somebody outside their car, shivering in the red and blue lights.

But Austin is pretty alright otherwise.

It was great however to get back to my city.


To get back to my Kroger.


To get back to my barber, Leonard Morgan, you might have seen him up in the GQ book.

And as always, it was fantastic to get back to Warehouse Live (BUN B FEB. 8TH???)


Pharoahe Monch is literally one of my favorite rappers. He's at the very least top 5, and he's pretty much Top 3. Bun B (UGK), Scarface (Geto Boys) and Pharoahe Monch (Organized Konfusion). That's who I really like to listen to.


Crowd was thick.


And Monch was dope, but his set was extremely short. Like way too short. Like I can't front, dudes set was ridiculously short for such a situation. Dude had Orgonne backing him and two of his own singers with him, and what he did give, he killed. He's an amazing lyricist who can bring it on stage. But I mean, it was really short.


In fairness he did say that the bulk of the folks on his bus got some sort of bug and his throat was hurting him. Pretty much everyone I know right now has some kind of shit, so I don't doubt him. Hoping Austin show tomorrow includes a couple Organized Konfusion classics.


Bubba proposed to Kam during "Desire." They getting married, real talk.






This dude shoulda pushed Monch to do "Releasing Hypnotical Gasses." Also "Agent Orange." In this day and time, where the hell was "Agent Orange?"

"The Extinction Agenda." Actually, where the hell was Prince Po? I know, I already know. But I'm an Organized Konfusion super fan and that's a break up I've never truly ever been able to accept. I also can't accept the death of Pimp C. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED PEOPLE? We know more about Heath Ledger in two days than we know about what happened to Pimp. What the fuck happened? Who's hiding what? What happened.

Sorry, I just still can't really accept it. Can't really accept most of the rapper deaths. Why can't WE ever get any answers?


Stacy, Kiara, Bubba and Heather B. Boy was already prowling ten minutes after he got engaged. Real talk.


S.I. Click!


MY PEOPLE!


After the show DJ 11 from The Rub held down the after party at THE FLAT. Dude killed it as well. I think, I was high out of my mind by that point.


But I'm pretty sure he did.


I think I was standing in front of the turntables raving it up when this was taken. I don't know. Don't fear the reaper.

But yeah man, I'm bi-city now. Rolling back and forth as usual. Nothings changed. For example, I’m sitting here, writing a blog, and thinking about how so much of the music business is just about faking people out. It's a hard realization to come to. I've ruined yet another night.

(P.S. Big ups to Nancy Byron. She brought me back the latest Sidewinder 7 CD + 1 DVD set from London. All this new Grime. I almost forgot about Grime. Then these 8 hours plus of dudes chatting over riddims from some of the top DJ's got me back listening. Also a long chat with Nick Cage (not the actor, the realest), about grime. It's still there, it didn't die. Dizzee Rascal, Newham Generals, Jammer all reppin' at SXSW in March, don't miss that shit. Also Akala and Killa Kela, for the deep um, heads who know things. Also Lars Vaular and Marcelo D2, and Tumi. Do your research (Googling), international hip-hop gonna be silly at SXSW this year. Also Mala Rodriguez. Bolz betta know! Also, is Pretty Todd remixing "Pussyole" and is it going to be on the domestic release of Math's & English via Def Jux? Did El-P remix "Where's the G's?" Can someone please tell me who's knockin', knockin' doors down?)

10 Comments:

Blogger Kam said...

good times all around!Bubba so scandalous!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, I wanted to reach out and 1) say I dig your rants and 2) see if you're interested in reviewing the upcoming Nicolay and Kay album, TIME:LINE. Nicolay is the Dutch producer who formed the super duo Foreign Exchange with Phonte from Little Brother back '05 and Kay is from The Foundation and reps Houston. If interested, I can give you tons more info, along with a copy of the album. Just hit me back via email and we'll build.

Thanks,
Michelle

2:57 PM  
Anonymous wow power leveling said...

cheap wow power leveling buy wow gold cheapest wow power leveling CHEAP wow gold BUY power leveling CHEAPEST wow powerleveling
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldweiwei

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

肉毒桿菌 健檢 淨膚雷射 美容美白 瑜珈 美白 醫學美容 瑜珈 雷射美容 整形 瑜珈 瑜珈 電波拉皮 肉毒桿菌 香水 瑜珈 瑜珈 瑜珈 尚美容 美白 醫學美容 整形 沐浴乳 醫學美容 精油 醫學美容 身體保養 癌症 全身健康檢查 體檢 腫瘤 乳癌 癌症 全身健康檢查 體檢 微整型美容 轉骨 調理體質 老人癡呆症 內分泌失調 省電熱水器 節能熱水器 電熱水器 新明 櫻花牌熱水器
熱水器
省電熱水器
太陽能熱水器
省電熱水器
Seo-Search engine 關鍵字行銷 商務資訊 SEM搜尋行銷 網路行銷 班服 馬克杯 圍裙 帽子 團體服

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Distinct design and style, figure, coloring, sizes vytrqpn along with design and style involving rounded eye Oakley Frogskins are generally around to fulfill numerous requirements currently. Furthermore, you could possibly invest in some low cost Oakley Frogskin using exceptional along with cut-throat price ranges. Normally, some brand name Cheap Oakley Sunglasses will certainly price tag a lot of cash flow to make certain that will numerous folks are unable to find the money for these people. getting a low cost Oakley Jawbone are unable to just guarantee the high quality, but in addition commit a lesser amount of a lot of Oakley Jawbones cash flow to the various other expending.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To find out precisely vbaghnm how very good Oakley Sunglasses Cheap bifoval sun glasses are generally, we've got to determine what are generally Half X Oakley 1st. you can easliy discover this specific off their brand: large explanation Oakley Sunglasses Discount. These are Sale Oakley Sunglasses providing you developing a plenty sharper eye-sight. Truly, Oakley Jawbone is mostly a variety of Oakley Stpl Jawbone along with Oakleys, along with the Oakley sunglasses, that is simple with the large explanation Half X, point out to make available supreme lucidity including a further Oakley Sunglasses Outlet dazzling globe to the users.

3:53 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, burberry, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, burberry outlet online, louboutin outlet

7:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, oakley pas cher, timberland, air force, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, sac longchamp, hermes, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike free, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, true religion outlet, kate spade handbags, sac guess, vanessa bruno, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, louboutin pas cher, ray ban uk, tn pas cher, chanel handbags, north face, coach outlet, hollister, air max, true religion jeans, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, kate spade outlet, nike air max, michael kors, hogan, burberry

7:49 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

converse, links of london, louis vuitton, oakley, swarovski, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, michael kors outlet, gucci, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, ray ban, iphone 6 cases, vans, ugg pas cher, ugg boots uk, converse outlet, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, sac louis vuitton pas cher, hollister, wedding dresses, hollister, coach outlet, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, pandora charms, louis vuitton, nike air max, thomas sabo, lancel, karen millen, michael kors outlet online, michael kors handbags, doke gabbana outlet, timberland boots, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, replica watches, bottes ugg, louboutin, supra shoes, ralph lauren

7:57 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, soccer jerseys, hollister, longchamp, nike huarache, valentino shoes, soccer shoes, nike air max, reebok shoes, nike trainers, instyler, nike air max, insanity workout, ghd, north face outlet, mulberry, ralph lauren uk, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, baseball bats, mont blanc, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, new balance, abercrombie and fitch, babyliss, herve leger, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, celine handbags, mcm handbags, nike roshe, nike free run uk, nike roshe, vans shoes, lululemon, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, nike air max, p90x workout

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home