Saturday, December 16, 2006

Radio Holidaze

I’ve been obsessed with the radio since I was really young. I mean really young, like since birth I think. Nowadays with my ipod and a working CD player in the car, I rarely check to see if anything is on because 9 times out of 10 of course, there isn’t.

But for some reason around the holidays I always find myself scanning thru the dial looking for something interesting to listen to. A story, some news, Christmas songs, etc.

I think that comes from having spent most of my Christmases of the past 17 years back home with my mother (though not the past 3, which kind of hurts), in the room I grew up in from 10th grade thru 12th, listening to CBC radio or whatever I could find. I think I have written this here before, but I’m originally from Erie, Pennsylvania and there they may not have much, but they’ve got a hellafied radio range. Growing up, 4 miles or so from Lake Erie, I would listen to radio from Canada, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit and sometimes as far away as Chicago (on the AM dial generally).

So when I would go home to visit my mom from Houston, Amsterdam, Chicago, Austin, New York or wherever I was living, I would always spend a little time revisiting the local radio and beyond.

From the time I was like 8 years old till maybe 15 or so, I was obsessed with year-end countdowns. I wasn’t even necessarily into the pop crap they were playing on the radio, but for some reason me and my boy Chris Confer obsessed about it. We would sit and write down every song in the Top 104 songs of the year on K104 and we’d call into the station to express our disapproval if a song was too high or too low on the charts. We’d listen to the stations from all over and compare the lists. We’d look for albums by Canadian bands we’d hear on Canadian radio. We’d literally stay over at each others houses and stay up all night listening and writing and calling and probably drinking sodas and eating cookies to stay awake and alert (I once stayed up for 4 days straight on a Mom’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball Bender – Mom, you better be bringing the balls!)

In the past few weeks I’ve been finding myself doing the same thing. We’re not going to Erie for the holidays this year, everyone is coming here, so I have been scanning the dial to hear what I can hear. I’ve even tuned into a couple of Erie stations on the internet and realized that even though they all blow major dick, they’re a part of me and well for some reason they bring me some comfort. (Even WERG, the station where I did my first radio show, a reggae show in 1988 and 1989. That station sucks so much balls it should be illegal what with all the nu metal and such blaring from their basement studio).

Anyway, the other day I was scanning the AM dial and came across Michael Savage for the first time ever. I had always read that this Savage dude is like O’Reilly on ‘roids, the most vile conservative scumbag our country has to offer. Save for the folks your moronic parents and coworkers keep on electing.

Herr Savage made a comment somewheres along the lines of “America is the only country worth caring about today, and it’s almost not worth caring about.” He cited the rampant perversion of the Belgians, the Christmas hating Persians and well, he even hates Japan. Dude probably even hates Norway and Norway is vastly superior to the United States when it comes to everything but sunshine in the winter and the price of beer. Dude probably even hates the Netherlands even though you can get ANYTHING at any time of day there, and well, that’s respectable. I fuckin’ love the Netherlands.

Anyway, I say that a lot, anyway, I can’t believe that this sort of hate speech is allowed to exist in this country, and in the month in which the dude this dude worships was born. Is nothing sacred? Does Michael Savage hate Jesus so much that he would desecrate his month? The answer is yes, and Michael Savage is a heathen. He’s scum. The lowest of the low and needs to catch a bad one.

But whatever, I’m not gonna let him steal my sunshine. Christmas is in full swing here at SoReal Manor and as of 4:20 p.m. on December 16th I have officially entered the holiday season. Two weeks ago I didn’t know what the fuck we were gonna do to financially participate in this the holiday of holidays. Things looked quite bleak, but with some yelling, screaming and strong arming, we’re actually floating above the water this year and well, Christmas is not going to kill us. Like I thought it would. Seriously, I didn’t know what to do.

That being said, I also have to send a shout out to J. Mill at the Source. I’ve been covertly tripping on them here on the blog saying things about how they owe me a bunch of money and well, yes I was pissed. They still owe me money, but today I received a check and a note from J. that basically let me know that they haven’t forgotten about me and are trying. I always liked him a lot man. He’s a good dude and I have known that for a few years now. Being owed over $3000 by the Source, I let the anger at that corporation (or whatever the fuck it is) cloud my vision and I was seriously sitting here stewing for some time, expending a lot of (negative) energy on something I couldn’t do much of anything about.

Anyway, dude is working to make good and I appreciate him a lot for that. I support Down Magazine and am not even trippin’ on the Source right now. I like this feeling. It’s so Christmas-y! Thank’s J. Mill! (This may sound weird but I kind of knew this was gonna happen. I trust dude.)

And Happy Holidays top all of you. No matter what you celebrate, try to do so in the next couple of weeks. With me, in a park, jamming Sabbath, cuz it’s like that.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have no fear my son, I'm bringing the balls.
Love,
Mom

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!!!

A Pervers Belgian,
LeanSippa

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAVAgE NATION!!!....sucks! I cant stand ol dude either. I used to be like that too, with radio. I listen to Coast 2 Coast AM, with George Noory, when I can make time to sit back and check it out. Interestin stuff, sometimes. Comes on 740 AM, in the H, around midniGht. Anyway, Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you and yours, also. Hope its a eautiful new year for you and for everyone elseb...'cept ill O Reilly and Mike SavaGe, cause they suck, as do most talk radio personalities.

Im havin to copy certain letters from other places, and paste them in here where theyre missin, cause my kybds fucked...sucks.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck savage, and if a mofo owes you money you got to stay on there ass in whatever way you feel is necessary if you want to get your money back, don't feel bad for shaming their ass into paying you don't feel bad for wanting to get paid for services rendered!!!





Jacktown, Mississippi Reppin!!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ned Allen said...

Subject: Contact Michael Savage, one of the leaders of Hate Radio – January 2007

You may be one of the hundreds of people who’ve called the Savage Nation radio talk show to make a point and been abruptly cut off in mid-conversation. You can continue your thoughts in writing. Contact Michael “Savage” using his real name and address at:

HOME:
Dr. Michael A. Weiner
111 St. Thomas Way
Tiburon, CA 94920

THE SOCIETY HE CREATED AND SPONSORS:
Dr. Michael A. Weiner
c/o The Paul Revere Society
150 Shoreline Hwy, Bldge E
Mill Valley, CA 94941

WORK:
Dr. Michael A. Weiner
c/o KNEW
340 Townsend St.
San Francisco, CA 94107

HIS LAWYER:
Dr. Michael A. Weiner
c/o Ian K. Boyd of Harvey Siskind Jacobs LLP
4 Embarcadero Center, 39th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111

HIS FAMILY’S COMPANY:
Dr. Michael A. Weiner
c/o Rockstar, Inc.
101 Convention Center Drive, Suite 777
Las Vegas, NV 89109

HIS FAMILY’S COMPANY:
Dr. Michael A. Weiner
c/o Rockstar, Inc.
P. O. Box 27740
Las Vegas, NV 89126

E-MAIL:
michaelsavage@paulreveresociety.com

8:43 PM  
Anonymous wow power leveling said...

cheap wow power leveling buy wow gold cheapest wow power leveling CHEAP wow gold BUY power leveling CHEAPEST wow powerleveling
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldweiwei

7:40 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, burberry, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, longchamp, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, burberry outlet online, louboutin outlet

7:38 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, oakley pas cher, timberland, air force, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, sac longchamp, hermes, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike free, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, true religion outlet, kate spade handbags, sac guess, vanessa bruno, air jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, louboutin pas cher, ray ban uk, tn pas cher, chanel handbags, north face, coach outlet, hollister, air max, true religion jeans, coach factory outlet, michael kors, lululemon, hollister pas cher, new balance pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, kate spade outlet, nike air max, michael kors, hogan, burberry

7:47 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister, soccer jerseys, hollister, longchamp, nike huarache, valentino shoes, soccer shoes, nike air max, reebok shoes, nike trainers, instyler, nike air max, insanity workout, ghd, north face outlet, mulberry, ralph lauren uk, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, baseball bats, mont blanc, jimmy choo shoes, birkin bag, ferragamo shoes, chi flat iron, new balance, abercrombie and fitch, babyliss, herve leger, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, celine handbags, mcm handbags, nike roshe, nike free run uk, nike roshe, vans shoes, lululemon, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, nike air max, p90x workout

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home